Lakeland Photographic Holidays is a unique experience for photographers of all ages and capabilities. Whether you are a beginner just learning the basics or a skilled amateur the LPH Experience can help you get more from your camera, allowing you to create truly breathtaking images.
The warm relaxed atmosphere is evident from the moment you are welcomed by John and Gail to their idyllic home and dedicated photographic center in the charming Lakeland village of Braithwaite.
The setting is a photographers dream with spectacular views of Skiddaw, Bassenthwaite and rural Cumbria there are exceptional photo opportunities round every corner.
John & Gail Gravett took over Lakeland Photographic Holidays in 1999 and are now established as the experts on teaching photography in the Lake District. John is recognized as one of the foremost photographic tutors in the country writing on a regular basis for ePhotozine and other photographic magazines. It is this depth of knowledge along with a detailed understanding of the local area that puts LPH in a class of their own.
Lakeland Photographic Holidays is very much a team effort while John heads up the teaching; Gail masters the roll of hostess. Guests are catered for to an exceptionally high standard, from the well-appointed ensuite bedrooms to the sumptuous breakfasts and four course dinners, Gail thinks of everything making their stay memorable.
It’s the combination of expert teaching, spectacular location, comfortable surroundings and the little touch’s that make a Lakeland Photographic Holiday an experience rater than a just a holiday.
LPH offer a range of specialist UK based digital photography workshops including:
- Landscape Workshops - by far LPH's most popular workshop
- Limited Walking Workshops - less walking and more photography
- Active Walking Workshops – where they go higher or longer than normal
- Black & White Photography Workshops – using digital images to produce excellent black and white images
- Photoshop for Photographers - learning the basics of Photoshop to get the most from your digital images
- Nature Workshops - focussing on the flora and fauna of the Lake District
- Young Peoples Workshop - aimed at 16-24 year olds